If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Installations and Emergencies!
- The Learning Curve
- Deep Dives on Specific Features
- The Community Treasure Chest
- Word Warriors®
- Resource Library
- News and Updates
To transfer from one computer to another:
On the old computer:
1. Copy down your License Code Registration Name to save in a safe place. License Codes and Registration Names can be found at (Doxserá or TheFormTool)>Options>License code on the menu bar or on your account at the Store.
2. Do you use the default path? To find out, click Options>Path. If the path shown there begins with “C:\Users\[your Windows user name]…”, the answer is YES.
A. If YES:
(i) Copy down the path so you’ll be able to transfer it to the new computer.
(ii) Is it a local path or a network path? A “local” path is one that points to a drive on your own computer (usually the C: drive). A network path is one that points to a drive on your network server.
(a) If YES: You’ll likely want to transfer saved answers, questionnaires, Folios, Data Sources, etc. to the new computer. To do this, copy the contents of your local path folder (as specified in the Options>Path screen) to a thumb drive or somewhere else where you’ll be able to access it with the new computer.
(b) If NO: You don’t need to transfer any files, but make sure the new computer has access to the network folder, just like the old one did.
B. If NO: You don’t need to copy the path or any files.
3. Uninstall your program on the old machine. Again, Options>Uninstall.
4. If you're using Doxserá or above in a network environment, check Options>Manage Licenses to make certain that only machines actually currently using their programs are registered on your network.
On the new computer:
1. Turn off all security systems.
2. Download a current version of your software from our website and install it.
3. When asked, provide the Registration Name and License code.
4. If you’re transferring a path from Step 2.a(1) above, click Options>Path, and enter the path you copied.
5. If you’re transferring files from Step 2.a(2)(a) above, paste the files you copied from the old computer to the same location on the new computer.
You can check your version number at any time by clicking on the menu bar (Doxserá or TheFormTool)>About. Check that version number against the current version on our website. If you need to update, just download the current version and install it.
tags: path, options, old, new, computer, server, local, install, saved, master lists, answer files, answer, ini, folio, transfer, file explorer, data, backup, preserve, uninstall, change computer, changing, moving